Ati2 duit KW!!! Watermarknya kartun be’eng.. (Taken with Instagram)
wildlifecollective: Barreleye - Macropinna microstoma
February 23, 2009—With a head like a fighter-plane cockpit, a Pacific barreleye fish shows off its highly sensitive, barrel-like eyes—topped by green, orblike lenses—in a picture released today but taken in 2004. The fish, discovered alive in the deep water off California’s central coast by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI), is the first specimen of its kind to be found with its soft transparent dome intact. The 6-inch (15-centimeter) barreleye (Macropinna microstoma) had been known since 1939—but only from mangled specimens dragged to the surface by nets.
Photos © Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 recipe Toasted Bread Crumb Topping (follows)
- 1 pound pasta shapes
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 cups milk (low-fat is fine)
- 1 pound colby jack cheese, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 8 oz extra-sharp cheddar, shredded (about 2 cups)
- ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Bring water to a boil in a large dutch oven set over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Drain the pasta and leave in the colander.
Wipe the pot dry, and add the butter, and set it over medium heat until melted. Stir in the garlic, mustard, and cayenne, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the flour, and cook, stirring constantly, until golden, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk, and bring to a simmer. Whisking often, cook until large bubbles form on the surface and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheeses until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir the drained pasta into the cheese sauce, breaking up any clumps, until well combined. Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with crumb topping.
Bake uncovered, until the sauce is bubbling and the crumbs are crisp, 25-35 minutes.
To store and serve later: Wrap the dish tightly with foil, and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, bake in a 400 degree oven until the filling is hot throughout, about 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to cook until the crumbs are crisp, 15-20 minutes.
Bread Crumb Topping
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, quartered
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbs minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Pulse the bread and butter in a food processor to coarse crumbs, about 6 pulses. Spread the crumbs out over a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and dry, 20-30 minutes. Let the crumbs cool, then toss with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 160g crushed oreo biscuits ( minus the sandwiched frosting )
- 60g melted butterFilling :
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 120g low fat yogurt ( flavor of your choice )
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T corn flourSwirls :
- 1/4 t cocoa powderMethod :Prepare a non-stick spring form pan, 7 inches.Microwave butter until it is melted, 50 sec.For the base, process biscuits in a food processor.Combined biscuits and butter to make cake base.Compact cake base mix onto spring form pan and chill until ready for baking. If hard pressed for time, freeze cake base for 15 minutes.At this point, preheat oven to 170 C.Whisk and break up cream cheese. Mix in sugar. Add corn flour, juice, yogurt to cream cheese and mix until smooth. Do not over whisk and aerate the mixture.Reserve 1 tablespoon of cheesecake batter. Mix with 1/4 teaspoon of cocoa powder until homogenous.Pour batter onto chilled base. Tap the pan on the worktop a couple of time to expel trapped air bubbles before baking.Gently dot the batter surface with cocoa yogurt mix. Use a tip of a chopstick and draw patterns lightly on the surface on the cake.Bake at 170C for 30-40 minutes. I baked mine for 32 minutes.Cool the cake completely before chilling it. Serve chilled.